The thematic meetings of the Palaver Tree are a space that, in dialogue with FCAT’s film programme, promotes the analysis and critical reflection of key topics of current African cinemas.
In this edition, most of these round tables will be held in person and will be broadcast on FCAT’s social media channels. Click on each event to read more information about each event and the guest speakers.
- Monday, 30 May (10h00 to 11h30): Round table “Between the ink and the screen”.
- Tuesday, 31 May (10h30 to 12h00): Virtual roundtable “Decolonial Filmmaking Praxis: A Screen Worlds discussion with the FCAT”
- Wednesday, 1 June (10h00 to 11h30): Round table “Decolonising the gaze. Cinema and contemporary creation”.
- Wednesday, June 1st (12h00 to 13h00): Master-class “With Lemohang Jeremiah Mosese, filmmaker and visual artist from Lesotho”.
- Thursday, June 2nd (11h00 to 13h00): Round table – at the University of Cadiz: “Filming in Africa beyond stereotypes: case studies and laboratory of ideas”.
In each event you will find the link to follow each meeting virtually through the FCAT channels on YouTube and Facebook.